After living in Tanzania for many years, we now live in the UK and enjoy working with Amigos Worldwide and Bees Abroad as we continue to be passionate about seeing local churches transform their communities!

Thursday 25 August 2011

Twelve Dogs Later

As you might have read on Amisadai and Louisa's blog, we suddenly find ourselves with eight adorable little puppies! This was never supposed to happen.
I never thought I would ever have a dog, yet now I find myself with not 1 but 12 dogs!!! And of course the four rabbits (three of whom may now be expecting more bunnies) and two pigs (one of whom we expect will soon be carrying piglets).


I have no idea what we are going to do with all these dogs! The girls want to keep one each, they are adamant that we should keep at least one! But 5 dogs?!

The dogs have created a stir of excitement in the Monger household. Other excitement this week has been the return of running water! For over a week we waited, but it really is no good waiting for the council or the water company! So in the end, our guard found the pipe problem up the road from us, we bought the materials and then our guard along with another fundi (workman) went and dug up the road and fixed the problem. 60 000 shillings later .... but at least we and our neighbours have water again! Imagine the trouble we would have been in fixing mains water in the UK or Canada! But it really was exciting! I threw the girls straight under a shower and left them in a bucket to soak. And then I had a shower - bliss! We flushed the toilets, washed bedding and clothes (there was a lot after a gamepark trip, having ten people in the house and a trip to Magozi!) and filled all our buckets! Awesome!

I have resumed my role as teacher. Now I am a Year 3 and Year 1 teacher and have to start all over again with course prep! But we are enjoying learning about the Romans at the moment and doing more on nutrition in science which will come in useful when we go to Magozi! I am looking forward to being back in Magozi next week; Tim went on his own this week and I struggled staying here. Despite all that is so hard about living in the village, it seems so right to be there.

Jikos waiting to be fired


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us message! We love to hear your news and thoughts too!